Monday, January 20, 2014

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Title: If I Stay (If I Stay #1)
Author: Gayle Forman 
262 pages, April 6th 2010, Speak
Goodreads' synopsis: "In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heart-achingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make, and the ultimate choice Mia commands."
Read it, read it, read it!
When I started reading this book I expected it to be good, because I'd read so many good things about it. Luckily it lived up to the expectations I had for it. The more I read, the more I loved it.
I don't know why I keep reading books that are sad and makes me cry, because I keep saying that I hate it. But I guess, secretly, I love it.
I fell in love with every single character, immediately. Adam and Mia's story is just the sweetest and Mia's family *sigh*. All characters are so well written and great.
It's been a while since I read the book. I started writing the review and then forgot  to finish it, so here I am, five months later, and can honestly say that I remember pretty much everything, which says a lot about how good it was. I've thought a lot about it, because I really enjoyed reading it and I often want to just read it again, but then I remember my big pile of books that I haven't read yet and don't.
I loved how Mia would tell us about her past, about her family and about her relationship with Adam. We hear a lot about her life after we know that she is in the hospital, we get to know her, and it makes it even more sad. The more I liked her, her friends and her family, the sadder the book got.
Everything was perfect from the beginning to the end. Gayle Forman knows exactly what to do to make somebody cry, smile, laugh. Since finishing this one, I have read three more of Gayle Forman's books and have enjoyed each one of them. Although I was kind of disappointed about Just One Year, not because of the writing or the characters or the plot, but simply because I expected a sequel to Just One Day and not a companying novel.

Next book: Where She Went
Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...