Thursday, January 30, 2014

Quick: Read or Don't #3

Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting 
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide389 pages ~ Published on April 16th 2013 by HarperCollins
Goodreads | Amazon

The "bad guy" story wasn't really that exciting this time, and I found myself skipping the chapters from his p.o.v. (or at least skimming them).
I liked some of the new ideas that were introduced, but most of the stuff that happened seemed like they were only happening so that there was a sort of ending to everything, and not because they made sense; it seemed kind of forced.
Jay was still great and lovely and deserves a star, though I think the book was more about the love between him and Violet than her power and what the series is usually about. 

Conclusion: Not as great as the past three, but still good.



Just One Year by Gayle Forman 
336 pages ~ Published on October 10th 2013 by Dutton's Children
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World WideGoodreads | Amazon
I really enjoyed reading from for what it was, but unfortunately I expected a sequel to Just One Day and was then disappointed when I got a companion novel from Willem's point of view, instead of a "what happened next" story. It was really cool to see what Willem had been up to, though, and I can definitely recommend reading it, after Just One Day, as long as you keep in mind that it is not a sequel. 

Conclusion: Nice read, but expected something different.


Taken by Erin Bowman
360 pages ~ Published on April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide Goodreads | Amazon
I read about 103 pages, and decided that I just didn't really enjoy it. The plot was super interesting, unique even, the characters were fun, but I felt like it took a veeeery long time for any thing to happen. And I will admit that I gave up to early, I probably would have ended up loving it, had I read just a few more chapters, but I had just kind of pushed myself through the first 100, and so I stopped. 
Maybe one day, I'll come back to it. 
D.N.F.

Other books read/reviewed in January:
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...