Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

>> MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM UNDER THE NEVER SKY <<
Title: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi

341 pages, January 8th 2013, HarperCollins
Goodreads' synopsis: "Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night? "
I am still team Perry.
I have been wanting to read this since I read Under the Never Sky, which is almost a year ago, but I just never got around to. The other day I got tired of not knowing what happened, so I picked it up. I have randomly thought of Under the Never Sky so many times throughout the year, which tells that it was really good - I don't forget a book (unless it's really baaad), but I don't usually think about it all the time. Through the Ever Night was different. It wasn't bad (obviously - 5 stars), but it was different to the first one. Instead of them connecting, they see each other first thing. A couple of months have gone, and we skip them to get to the good stuff. But then Aria leaves with Roar to look for the Still Blue, which leads to a lot of people going team Roar (how?), and Perry stays at home taking care of his tribe.
I was disappointed that I didn't get to see Aria and Perry a little bit more, but otherwise I loved it. A lot of people changed in this one, Aria for one changes in both books. And then Soren, who pretty much went through the biggest change. I loved to see the new (or newer versions of old) characters.
A lot of stuff happens, and I will admit I kind of hate Perry for something he did, but hopefully I can forgive him after some time.
I you are looking for actionpacked books, this is probably not what you want, there is a lot of waiting around (like the first one), where not a whole bunch of stuff happens. I just don't really like books that are super actionpacked, which makes this the perfect one for me.

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
 Click to see Through the Ever Night on AmazonClick to see Through the Ever Sky on Goodreads

Aren't you just as excited as I am?! - January 28th 2014
 Click to see Into the Still Blue on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...